Welcome

Sunday, April 21, 2013

My first Manicure!

I've been MIA for a really long time. I've been up to a lot. I'm finishing up my course work to become a certified personal trainer. With that I've been continuing to overhaul my life, diet, nutrition, people, everything. And along the way, I found myself ready to love again. I had given up on the idea and spent over three years alone, not dating at all. I had made piece with the notion of being alone and in that I found myself. As if on cue, he found me :-) So in my excitement about our first trip together, valentines day in Las Vegas, I decided to get my nails done. Yep, at 25 years old I had never had my nails professionally done. The reason for that is simple, it's expensive and I've always had nice and healthy nails to begin with.

So I have to admit that it was nice to pamper myself like that and they looked really good. For $25 it wasn't to painful on the wallet either. I know that many places charge more than that for a full set french mani. Being a small town girl the concept of keeping money in the community is an important factor to my spending process of thought and the lady that did my nails has worked really hard at opening her own shop and she is the best in town. I loved my mani, for the first couple weeks.... Then they really started to annoy me. I wasn't interested in getting them filled and continuing to ruin my natural nails. One of them chipped and the girl that did them fixed it at no charge which was awesome. But They really were starting to drive me crazy. I had to have her take the gems off when she fixed the chip because they kept snagging my hair in the shower. Around the month and half mark I took matters into my own hands and filed the length off. The edges where they had starting lifting were now snagging my hair in the shower as well as the cracks that a few of them had developed. So I tried to soak them off with acetone like the manicurist had told me. So didn't work! The couple that I did manage to get off that way was due to my chipping them off in painful pieces. So I finally just filed them down to nothing both length and thickness ways. It only took and hour :-/ Now I have absolutely no nails lol and they are super sensitive and even painful from the file getting so close to my nail beds. They are super weak as well. I was expecting that but not this amount of hassle and annoying pain. So yes I like the way manicures look but I highly doubt that I'll ever do it again. I really don't understand how this has become such a beauty addiction for so many people. But I love new experiences and am happy to scratch this one off the list, on to the next!

No comments:

Post a Comment